Architects and interior design studios bring in companies to provide home automation with universal remote control, automated lights and motorized shading, Wi-Fi networking setup with access points and hotspots, and IoT integration.
It’s tempting to “get going on the renovation now, and take care of the electronics later on.” But if you take that approach it’s often a costly decision. Here’s why:
- Lost profit:
Your project bids can be too low. You could lose money by not figuring in the true cost of home automation and AV installation.
- Lost projects:
Your project bids can be too high. You could lose the job by overestimating the true cost of the smart home and Audio/Video installation.
- Lost reputation:
Your promised completion time may be way off. Your clients will be upset if the smart home/AV installation takes more time than you’ve guaranteed.
Bringing in a trusted installation company to work with you – from initial proposal to project completion – is the best way to ensure your bids and timeframe are realistic, and your profits are maximized.
What Can Go Wrong if You Hire an Installation Company Later?
Have you ever called in smart home and A/V companies or installers once most of the construction and design work has been done?
You’ve certainly experienced at least one of these situations – and probably more than one.
- The cost of smart home and A/V equipment and installation ends up being higher than you’d estimated.
- Your bid didn’t include some of the features that installers tell you will be required, once you bring them in during the project’s final stages.
- You didn’t realize how long the smart home and installation work will take.
- Your design didn’t figure in some of the structural work needed for smart home and A/V features, and you have to rip out work you’ve already done to accommodate the installation.
In almost all cases, working with an experienced smart home/AV installer from the start will save you time, save you money and allow you to accurately project the cost and time of the project.
Choosing the Right Home Automation Partner
You may already rely on electricians and installers who you know and trust, and don’t see the need to “start from scratch” with a new full-service smart home/AV company.
That’s completely understandable. But it could be costing you money and time.
- Electricians aren’t experts in low-voltage smart home applications. They often use the wrong equipment or wrong techniques, increasing costs and installation time, and possibly creating safety issues.
- Installers may find out – too late – that designers and electricians haven’t optimized construction for proper installation of A/V and smart home equipment.
- Using multiple subcontractors can be stressful, time-consuming and expensive. You have to coordinate their schedules with yours, you may have to micromanage their work to ensure it meets your standards, and you have no control over potential cost overruns.
- Architects, electricians and installers are not always familiar with the newest and most economical equipment and solutions for a smart home. They’re also unlikely to understand the internet of things (IoT) as fully as professional AV and home automation companies
- Only full-service smart home/AV companies can offer robust dealer discounts on equipment, lowering the overall cost of the job.
The smartest approach is working with an experienced, trustworthy company that specializes in AV and smart home automation, automated lights and shades, invisible speakers, universal remote controls and Wi-Fi networking. That ensures that the job is done properly and safely, the job is done at the lowest possible cost with the highest possible quality, and the job is completed on the schedule you’ve promised.
Why DTV Installations?
There are lots of smart home companies in New York and New Jersey which will promise you the world. But it’s your clients and your business at stake; why would you trust someone “new” to do the work that you’ve guaranteed will be done properly and on time?
You’re right to be concerned – and let’s face it, you’re right to be hesitant.
Here’s why DTV Installations is the expert firm you should trust.
We have 15 years of experience working with interior design studios and architectural firms, creating full-featured smart home and A/V systems in conjunction with their redesigns, updates and new construction.
We’re experts at designing, installing and integrating every type of Audio/Video and smart home system: proper cabling plans for all required network equipment (including low-voltage wiring and Ethernet), Internet networking and connectivity (including work on IoT devices), home theater systems and invisible audio speakers, automated and motorized shading and lighting systems.
- Discounts and industry recognitions.
We are Platinum-level authorized dealers for high-end equipment manufacturers like Lutron and SONOS, allowing us to offer the highest-possible equipment discounts to you (and your clients). And on large projects, we still have a sufficient margin that allows us to offer free installation for your clients.
- Always reachable.
Many smart home and A/V installers limit their partners to only two free on-site meetings or phone consultations. Not us. DTV Installations offers unlimited, free video and in-person consultations with architects and design firms, before and during the project.
- Top references.
We can provide references from an enormous list of satisfied clients that include Fortune 500 presidents, hedge fund CEOs, Saudi Arabian sheiks and A-list celebrities, as well as design firms and architects like Kevin Burrows Architects, DSB+ Architects, Miller Design Studio and Courtney Sloane Design.
- Happy customers.
We have an A+ rating on Angie’s List and have been named “Best of Houzz” for the last four years in a row.
DTV Installations has become the tri-state area’s preferred partner for architects and interior designers for three reasons: our expertise, our unparalleled performance – and our ability to help our partners maximize their profits.
We’d love to show you how working with DTV Installations can grow your revenue and grow your business. Please be in touch for a no-obligation conversation or meeting. We look forward to working with you.