A video intercom is an improved, modern version of the old-school speaker systems used for decades to let you talk to the person at your door. A video intercom system positions one or more cameras near the entry to your home and sends the video feeds to a monitor, tablet or phone. That allows you to visually identify visitors before giving them access.
In a nutshell, a video intercom improves the safety and security of your house, property and family, and gives you increased peace of mind.
- You can see exactly who has rung the doorbell and is trying to enter your home. You don’t have to get up to see who’s at the door, or guess whether an unfamiliar voice on an audio intercom speaker is actually the person he or she claims to be.
- You have remote access anywhere in your house. Installing cameras at each door and sending each video feed into the system lets you view every feed, on any device of your choice, and allows you to unlock doors right from your monitor or phone.
- You also have two-way audio communication with visitors; you can tell them to leave their package on the porch or to go away, if you choose.
- Motion detection alerts can be set to let you see when there is activity anywhere on your property, allowing you to watch for suspicious visitors or actions.
- Recording capability lets you capture photos of everyone who rings the bell, or record video of all activity at entry points.
It’s basically the same as a video intercom system, but it allows you to view camera feeds, interact with visitors and open your home’s doors from anywhere in the world via a smartphone or tablet app.
That’s sort of like asking “How long will it take to make dinner?” – it depends on what you’re cooking. Generally speaking, it takes us between one and three days to install a home theater, but it really depends on the size of the home theater and how much work needs to be done. Hanging an HDTV and two wall speakers will take substantially less time than installing a ceiling-mounted projector system with a full surround-sound audio system and hidden components controllable by smartphones and tablets. We’ll give you an approximate time frame along with our detailed home theater proposal.
Yes, we can install an audio system if you don’t feel the need to visually identify visitors or monitor your property, and you will save some money on equipment costs. However, the cost of wiring and installing video and audio intercom systems is virtually the same, so you might not save as much money as you’d think. A video system is the most cost-effective solution.
It’s simple and very user-friendly. Our DTV installers will set up and program everything for you once the work is done, and you’ll be ready to go.
If your home or building is already wired and up to code, we can usually install and program as many as ten units in a single day. Running the wiring for you will naturally take longer depending on a number of factors including the age of the building, the type of material the walls are built from, and the amount of cutting and patching that will be required. We’ll be happy to supply a free inspection and estimate.
That really depends on your choice of equipment, options and installation requirements. But installing a video intercom system isn’t as expensive as you might fear. Simple systems can cost only a few hundred dollars, more comprehensive ones can still come in under a thousand dollars, and of course apartment or commercial building work will likely be more expensive. Our installers can give you all of the choices when you call for a free estimate and proposal.
Yes, all installations come with a one-year warranty.
We take credit cards, cash, checks and PayPal.
We often do, depending on the size and scope of the project. Contact us to learn more about our very reasonable pricing structure.
Just call DTV Installations for a no-obligation, free consultation. We’ll be happy to answer all of your questions in person and install your new, modern video intercom system for less than you ever imagined.